Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cutting Cake

We decided to have a little fun while finding out the gender of this baby. This morning we had an ultrasound and had the gender written on a piece of paper sealed in an envelope. Then I took it to a bakery and had them bake a cake - chocolate for boy, white with strawberry filling if it's a girl. Chocolate icing on top either way.

Several of our family were with us tonight and we all found out together! It was really a fun way to announce it. My Grandy (baby's great grandmother) cut the cake. Chocolate it was - Evan will have a baby brother!


10 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats!

mgoff said...

Such a cute idea! I cannot believe you guys waited like that! Did you already know, could you tell on the ultrasound? I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to talk about it!

Practical Traci said...

CONGRATS!!!

Kendra said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you! I LOVE the way you guys did the big reveal!! so neat!!

danielle said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! so much so, i might steal it for our next baby! :) but even more, i am SO excited about a new baby boy! cant wait to meet him! love you!

The Cruzans said...

That is amazing, Dara! How fun! Congrats to you, Ryan, Evan and the rest of your family!!

Angela said...

What a great idea! I love it! Congratulations! Those boys are going to have a great time together.

Unknown said...

so fun dara! congratulations!! i love this idea!! how creative.

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

what a CUTE idea!!! So much fun, you are very creative!
Congrats on having another boy... you sure do make cute boys!!! :)

Shara said...

Congratulations! And I too love this idea!!