Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Perfectly Imperfect

At the risk of being a Debbie Downer, I am posting this anyway. I just need an outlet to say what I am feeling, and then move on. When reading various blogs and facebook posts, I sometimes get the impression that a lot of people live in this perfectly perfect world where every day is romantic and relaxing. Nothing is ever sad or wrong. They are the perfect person, with their perfect spouse and perfect kids.

There are some bright moments in my days, but most of the time, I struggle. I mess up, do and say the wrong things, disappoint people, miss opportunities, fail. Stumbling through the days with great intentions and ideas, and everyday, falling short.

I could stop here and proceed to throw myself a pity party for how pathetic I am, but I won't. There is something more to life than just living in blissful satisfaction, being the perfect wife, mom, cook, and housekeeper. This world is not my home. I am not satisfied, and don't think I will have a perfect moment until the day I am taken on to live with Jesus forever in a sinless place. In the meantime, will I try to do better? Sure. I want every day to walk worthy of my calling, to please Christ, to be a blessing to my family, to be a good manager of the things I've been entrusted with. It's comforting to remember that often God uses the weak and the foolish. I am hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed.

'But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us." - 2 Corinthians 4:7

5 comments:

Kendra said...

Dara, I totally relate to what you are saying, I struggle daily. I do my best to keep a smile on my face and my posts upbeat as much as possible, hiding my feelings, embarrassed, a flaw of mine.
I respect you and enjoy reading your posts. You are in my prayers.

Unknown said...

if this were on facebook, i would push the like button. :)

Julie said...

I needed to read this. Thanks for the encouraging blog!

Leslie said...

Great word! I struggle with the same thing and have to remember that people don't usually put their junk on their blogs or facebook. (And I am just now finding your blog! So excited to keep up with you!)

Ana said...

AMEN..........LOVE YOU!!!! I wish we lived closer :(