Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sandboxes


This is Evan's sandbox.  These are the only toys allowed in there according to him.  Anything else gets tossed out in a hurry.  Guess a bucket, shovel, rake, and tractor are really all you need for "dirt work".  Thank you, Daddy!

This is my sandbox!  With the soaker hose it's not so pretty looking, I know.  But the container is really nice, it's pretty big, and just the sight of all those little sprouts is just so fun!  It's like having all these little babies on a MUCH smaller scale.  It's fun though!  

I like to look at them and watch them grow.  When I do get to admire them, my hands are usually frantically pulling out the grass that grows up in the garden.  As I pull I think about my own child and how I desperately want to keep him away from the things in life that spring up and "choke us out".  I want him to grow in the Lord, unhindered and with everything he needs to be a mighty and fruitful man of God.  Father, may it be so.

3 comments:

danielle said...

how fun! i am VERY impressed with your gardening dara! keep us updated on what grows!

Pascha said...

how wonderful! i would love to plant a garden next spring... you will have to give me some tips!
would you guys like to get together again? let me know!

Anonymous said...

I so love to read your posts and get updates. And I love your garden! It's small beans, but I am excitedly watching my little mint plant thrive. It almost died (ok, did die) until I re-potted it, but now its little grean leaves are spilling over the edges of the pot. Yay for new life!

I miss you often, friend. Wish you were closer to sip coffee and talk about music and gardens and life!