Friday, June 4, 2010

How does our garden grow?

I am so excited by our garden this year! It's really beautiful. I love having a garden, and I got that passion from my Grandmother who loves to watch things grow and who has a lot of wisdom about gardening. Lucky me, I married a farmer who also knows about growing things.

It will never cease to amaze me how a little seed completely loses itself in the ground and from it springs huge leafy plants that produce fruit like crazy! I pray my life as a wife and mom would produce fruit like these plants that is useful and brings such joy to others.

This picture is of a squash plant. The flowers are blooming and just below that will soon grow into squash!
This picture makes me smile. While Ryan and I were planting, we were keeping Evan busy planting some old green bean seeds that didn't turn out well last year in his sandbox. As everything was coming up, we realized one of his seeds randomly made it into the black-eyed pea row. So we let it stay. Maybe we'll get a decent green bean off it this year!
Green bell pepper here... got a jalapeno plant too! Yum.

This morning I got up early (6 am folks!) after feeding Eli, BEFORE Evan woke up, showered, spent some time in the Word and even had a moment to sip some coffee before he was stirring... what a blessing! And of course of all mornings, Evan slept in an hour later than usual which means I could have also if I had stayed in bed. God is so kind and wise though. He knew I needed that extra time with Him to think and reflect. I really hope I can continue getting up early and getting started with my day. It has been nice.

1 comment:

danielle said...

dara, i am SO impressed with your garden. please teach me! (seriously!)