Friday, August 27, 2010

Our little wheezer

This past week we became the proud new owners of a nebulizer, after Evan had his most recent episode of uncontrolled wheezing for over 24 hours. To look at him, you would have no idea how tight his little lungs actually were. The doctor was more concerned than I had expected. She is great though and I have so appreciated how aggressively she treated him. Poor kid has an ICU nurse for a mom that waits until he's really bad to treat him. I really did not realize how tight he was. So we are on a slew of medication this week and then hopefully down to just one and breathing treatments as needed.

Here are Ryan and Evan shelling peas to pass the time. Daddy has to wear his mask too! Evan has been such a trooper about it all and has quickly become accustomed to his new turtle mask and smoke medicine.

2 comments:

mgoff said...

What a good daddy to take treatments with his little boy. I had no idea Evan was having any trouble! So glad you went and got it looked at! Excited to see you this weekend!

Ana said...

poor little man, hope he feels better soon