Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On the farm and in Shawnee


Ryan was off work yesterday, so he went down to his parents' farm to work with his dad.  Evan and I joined them later that evening.  We love to spend time with Grandpa and Nonnie and we are sad we are 40 miles away.  Evan got to play with some tractors and trucks, and we even went for a family tractor ride in Ryan's tractor... pictures to come.  








Here is Grandpa reading to Evan about the ABC's of the farm.  Evan especially liked to turn the wheels on the tractor!  Anything with motion will keep him interested.  Is he a boy or what!?

For anyone still reading, I also had planned to stop on campus at OBU and see some of my nursing students who had been wanting to meet Evan.  However that did not work out... lucky for them they got out of class early.  I'm pretty sure that never happened when I was there!  :o)  Even though it's not exactly the same as when we were there, it just does my heart good to drive through every once in awhile.  There are so many great memories, amazing friendships, and unforgettable experiences that I made there.  Maybe it's the fall and remembering freshman year and each new school year.  There is something special about OBU!



4 comments:

Besh said...

Yay! You are making a "farm boy" out of little Evan already! :) Sounds like you all had a lot of fun!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

he is getting so old!! I love that you have a blog... I know I have said it before, but it is just so fun!

Be happy that the grandparents are ONLY 40 minutes away! :)

Angela said...

Rooke likes books with wheels, too! To answer your question . . . I get to stay home with him. I teach some piano lessons and have a few other odd jobs, but mostly my time is spent with Rooke. I love it!

 The Morris Family said...

I am so glad I get to see him now with your blog...he is soooooo very cute!!!! It is so fun to be a mommy!! Bring him to our farm sometime!