Saturday, May 16, 2009

Crafts

Here are two great ideas for those of you who are craftier than me.  ;o)  I cannot take credit for either the idea or the final product.  

The first three pics are of a table cloth that I made and then had embroidered for Evan's first birthday.  I give the credit for this project to my Grandy who is always coming up with great ideas!  My plan is to trace and then embroider his hand prints on the tablecloth each year on his birthday, making a little keepsake.




These are pictures of this really cute wipes container that our friend Haley made for Evan at a baby shower.  I love it, and get compliments every time we pull it out!  Amanda Isaacs is launching this awesome new website of all the things she is making, and I'm hoping this makes the list!  We all get those plain ugly ones in the boxes of wipes, why not make it cute?!





Also, it was so fun having breakfast with Amanda, Danielle, Jackson, and Julie today!  I love you girls.  And Jackson was so sweet to fall asleep while I was holding him... precious boy!  We were really missing Stacy, Leslie and Mindy though.  

4 comments:

danielle said...

DARA! I am totally stealing the birthday table cloth idea! That is genius! Thank you! And I do love wipe dispenser. VERY CUTE! Jackson told me this afternoon that he would love to see you again soon! He loved snuggling! :)

Shara said...

Me too, totally stealing the table cloth idea!! But one question, how on earth do you embroider it?? I remember from home ec. class that you're pretty handy with a sewing machine, so it may just be too much for me... Let me know! :) And I love the idea with the wipes container - so cute. Hope you're doing well!

Ana said...

such a wonderful idea ! I love it!
I have a friend who makes garden pavers with her kids feet prints :)
awesome!

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say hi. Found you on Joel's blog. What cute crafts.... and your sweet little guy is SO cute :)

Blessings,
Teena